Thursday, November 5, 2015

Tweak Amazon’s settings to see only items you’re interested in

My Brother recently bought a few items using my Amazon account. Unfortunately, it completely messed up
my Amazon recommendations. After a little research, I realised I could tweak my recommendations so that they better reflect my interests again. Go to www.amazon,co.uk, click ‘Sign in’ at the top right and log into your account. Move your cursor to the Your Account dropdown menu (at the top right) and click Your Recommendations. You’ll see a list of categories based on items you’ve searched for. Click the Recommended For You tab at the top to see a list of all the items you’ve recently searched for. At the bottom left of each item, you’ll see two boxes ‘I own it’ and ‘Not interested’. Tick the most relevant box for each item on the page. Next, click the Improve Your Recommendations tab at the top to see a list of items you’ve bought. Simply tick ‘Don’t use for recommendations’ in the box next to those items.

I don’t want my wife seeing what birthday present I have in mind for her whenever she accesses amazon, Thankfully, there’s a way to stop certain items from appearing in your browsing history. Click Your Browsing History at the top, then click the ‘Delete this item’ link beside those items you want to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment