Thursday, November 5, 2015
How To Speed Up Your PC Hard Drive
I have found some Registry hacks on the internet that claim to speed up your hard drive. I have been using these for about a week with no problems and it may be my imagination, but the drive does seem faster. To add them to your PC, press Windows+R and type regedit to open the Registry Editor. Go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
The right-hand pane will probably be empty. Right-click the empty space and select New, ‘DWORD (32 bit) Value’. Do it four times and create four values with the following names:
NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
NoResolveSearch
NoResolveTrack
NoInternetOpenWith
After creating each one, double-click it and type 1 (the number one) for the value. Quit the Registry Editor and restart Windows. Hopefully, your PC will be a tiny bit quicker.
The Registry hacks stop Windows making unnecessary checks, such as for low drive space which. on my PC, is pointless because I have a 1TB hard drive that I’m never going to fill. To undo these changes, return to the Registry Editor, right-click each one and select Delete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment