Thursday, November 5, 2015

How To Customise Gmail With New Themes

I stumbled upon a new Gmail feature that lets you add a theme to your account. I added themes when I used Yahoo Mail and always wondered why Gmail didn’t offer the same option. To add a theme, click the settings (cog) icon at the top right, then click the new Themes option. You’ll now see a list of default themes that you can click to apply to Gmail.

I then saw three options at the bottom that let you customise your chosen theme. For example, if you want to see your inbox section as white text on a black background, click the Text Background option and select Dark (see screenshot above). Meanwhile, the Vignette and Blur options offer sliders that darken the corners and add a blur effect to the background image in your theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment